3. Hugh Bonneville as Mr. Bennet. I am torn between 3 actors for Mr. Bennet, but I immediately thought of Bonneville because he has sort of played Mr. Bennet before. He was in a spin-off of Pride and Prejudice, "Lost in Austen", and was very convincing as Lizzie's father. He can play such diverse characters too-he was the cruel husband in "Daniel Deronda" but played a kindly earl in "Downton Abbey".
And last but not least, Bill Paterson as Mr. Bennet. He played Mr. Gibson in "Wives and Daughters" and has played in several other BBC productions such as "Little Dorrit". I think he would be a perfect fit, and now that I think about it more, I might consider him more than Anthony Head and Hugh Bonneville.
*Update* After 2 friends told me they were having some trouble seeing Keeley Hawes play Jane, I thought Sophia Myles might be a possible solution. I also thought she might play Mrs. Hurst, but maybe Keeley and she could switch roles? I'm not sure if she would be too "blonde" for the role. Jane does always seem to be blonde in the movie productions of Pride and Prejudice, but maybe her hair could be dyed to more of a dirty blonde. The funny thing is, is that Sophia played in a production of "Nicholas Nickleby" with J.J. Field (who I suggested as Mr. Bingley) and Keeley Hawes acted with Anthony Howell in "Wives and Daughters", and both were love interests of the gentlemen. It would be funny if each one got matched up again. =)
*A friend of mine also suggested Anthony Howell (who I thought could play Colonel Fitzwilliam) as Bingley, and I would love to see this as well! I loved his role as Roger in "Wives and Daughters" and I think he would also make a good Bingley.
10. Christina Cole as Caroline Bingley. Cole has played Caroline in Lost in Austen, but I couldn't think of a more perfect actress to play Bingley's snooty sister. She just has a certain air about her that makes her ideal for playing more snobby characters ("Emma", "What a Girl Wants").
11. Sophia Myles as Louisa Hurst (Bingley's other sister). I was going between Christina Cole and Sophia Myles for the role of Caroline Bingley, but Christina is definitely the better choice. I thought this actress looked slightly similar to Cole, making her a good choice for the sister. Not completely happy with this selection-any thoughts or comments on who you would choose? In many movie versions Louisa Hurst isn't even included, which is a shame.
*Possible switch with Keeley Hawes*
12. Rupert Evans as George Wickham. Rupert has already played a Jane Austen bad boy in "Emma", so why not play another? His boyish good looks make him a perfect candidate for the role.
13. Anna Maxwell Martin as Charlotte Lucas. Martin played Esther in "Bleak House", and she immediately came to my mind because her character in Bleak House was very level-headed, much like Charlotte (well, except when she married Mr. Collins, lol). Speaking of Mr. Collins...
14. Blake Ritson as Mr. Collins. He played Edmund Bertram in "Mansfield Park" and Mr. Elton in "Emma". His role as Elton convinced me that he could play Mr. Collins more than adequately. And he even looks the part. =)
15. Tamzin Merchant-Mariah Lucas. Not much to say about this one, excpet that Merchant played Georgiana in the 2005 "Pride and Prejudice" version. I think she would make a good Mariah though and looks the age.
17. Felicity Jones as Georgiana Darcy. This is the 3rd time I have changed my choice for Georgiana. I can't seem to make up my mind, but I believe Felicity Jones, from "Northanger Abbey", would make a really cute Georgiana, And she could pass for Richard Armitage's sister as well.